Tuesday, 21 August 2012

I've made my way back to this planet

I never actually thought it would be possible to drop off the face of the earth, but it happened. Living the Kibbutz life with limited need for technology you tend to forget about the outside world.

While I spent 4 months in Israel I did not blog a lot, now I wish I had. What an amazing and incredible experience. I just cannot put into words what it was like. You are completely secluded, out in the nature and living each day without needing to worry about the next. When needing to talk to someone, you get up and walk to their house. It was going back to the basics in every form, living with the bare essentials and having real life interaction with people on a daily basis. It really taught me so much about life and about myself. Live more simply and gain a whole lot more. Coming form a life where you have to have the best of everything and to never be satisfied, I struggled to adjust to the life that I came to love. I thank all of the incredible people that I spent so much time with, I will never forget the people nor the expereince.

I arrived in London, United Kingdom on Thursday the 16th August. What a disasterous arrival. I was overweight by nearly 10kgs, I had my bags searched by airport security in Israel (as they do everyone, but it is a little harder and takes a whole lot longer when you have 39kgs of luggage) my first flight was delayed causing me to frantically run through Vienna airport to catch my connecting flight 5 minutes before scheduled take off, I lost 2 hours through time zones and if that wasnt enough, one of my bags did not arrive when I did. BUT, I have had a few great days travelling around London and seeing all of the great sights. They are a lot smaller than I remember, perhaps because the last time I was here I was half the size.

I am looking forward to building a new life here and know that I will make such special memories just as I did in Israel, this time I will take you all with me along this journey.

Until next time

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

What you have to say