Thursday, 05 January 2012

New Years Resolution vs 3 words

For the first time in many years I was not looking forward to New Years, possibly because 2011 was such a tough year and such a busy year. On would imagine that I would be excited to see it go.

Each year we make these “New Years Resolutions”. What for I ask. Each year one sets unrealistic goals; loose 10kgs; run a marathon; stop smoking; stop drinking; buy a house; get a new job; go to gym everyday; the list is endless. Essentially we are setting ourselves up for disappointment. Year after year we try to change who we are. I decided not to make any new years resolutions.

Instead I came across a blog by Chris Brogan. In his blog he talks about 3 words. Read about it here. I think this is such a fantastic thing to do. Instead of making empty promises to yourself dedicate your year to 3 words and rather dedicate your year to incorporating these 3 words into your life.

My 3 words are:
    Learn. Explore. Simplify.

Learn:
I will take opportunity to learn about other people and learn about myself. There is so many things that happen each day that we take for granted and do not learn from them.

Explore:
I will explore this amazing world that we live in. Explore different cultures, different people and different lifestyles.

Simplify:
I will simplify my life and keep in it only the essentials. I will learn to let go of things that complicate my life.

What are your 3 words?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What you have to say