Thursday, 02 February 2012

A thought...


Recently I found this picture and it moved me. I didnt realise how this picture would affect me. It is just a picture. 

This is a man who is doing a selfless act that is going to change the life of this girl.

It always makes me think twice. Everytime I miss an opportunity to help someone I think of this image and I realise that if every person in this world could just do one good deed a day, it sure would be a happier planet.

The afternoon I found this picture, I was on my way home and passed someone begging on the street. I realised that I have seen this person there everyday, I have never been intimidated or felt that I should close my window when I arrive. I had an apple in my car that I had not eaten that day. I asked this person if he wanted it and his face lit up, he came to my window, said thank you and was so genuinely greatful. It was the first thing that he had eaten that day. As I drove off I thought to myself, here is a person who doesnt get to eat everyday, who is not a threat to society and does not harrass anyone at the robot. If this person could do it, why cant the others? I have no problem giving this person things when I drive past, it is never expected of me and he is always greatful.

I challenge you to change someones life. Its often the small things that turn out to be the big things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What you have to say