Tuesday, 01 May 2012

Jaffa, Israel. 30 April 2012

Today I walked around Jaffa - what a beautiful place. I walked through the old city and saw such beautiful buildings, so old and quiet. The people are all very friendly.

I took a bus into Tel Aviv and walked along the beach front to Jaffa, the sea is so calm and so blue. There is so much activity going on, people running, fishing, eating at restaurants and enjoying the beautiful day.

Along the beaches there are what looks like parks but they are exercise machines



I went into a mosque where i had to cover my arms and head, the lady didnt speak a word of english but brought me some tea and with mint leaves while I walked around the mosque and the gardens.

In the old city of Jaffa there are many curio shops and galleries, as I sat on a bench I watched all the tour guides come past - such enthusiasm, knowledge and excitement abouth THEIR city.

It felt as though I was walking through a history book. You hear about all the places in the bible and history books and its so amazing that you can actually walk the streets and be in those places that they speak of.

A very memorable day!






No comments:

Post a Comment

What you have to say